GSCS OneStop Resources
Essential Documents and Curriculum Support
Teacher Librarians and Technology
GSCS Teacher Librarians are called upon to play a lead role in supporting technology within the school. Teacher Librarians are available to assist with using various devices and accessing a variety of resources, including online resources and web 2.0 tools to support professional, teaching and student learning situations.
Welcome to GSCS LibGuides
Welcome to GSCS LibGuides!
LibGuides are electronic guides custom created by Teacher Librarians to support student learning. LibGuides are accessible anytime, anywhere through the WWW. They are specially developed by teacher librarians in order to share information and to provide resources and strategies tailored to specific grade levels, topics and/or resource areas. Teacher Librarians may have embedded files, documents, links, images, videos, RSS feeds, and custom widgets, as well as included links to databases and technology tools in order to provide a wealth of resources at your fingertips.
Jesus, you are the vine and we are the branches. Help us to nourish our students in a community attentive to your Word, steeped in dialogue with you, and actively guided by your love. Amen.
Adapted from Pearson Grade 2 Growing in Faith, Growing in Christ Teacher Resource. p. 24
Inquiry is at the center of Saskatchewan's renewed curriculum. Inquiry learning provides students with opportunities to build knowledge, abilities, and inquiring habits of mind that lead to deeper understanding of their world and human experience.
“Inquiry-based learning describes a range of philosophical, curricular, and pedagogical approaches to teaching. Its core premises include the requirement that learning should be based around students’ questions."
CERT Resource Links
Book Review Journals and Sites
- Booklist Booklist offers reliable reviews, an extensive website and database, and other resources that support librarians in collection development and readers' advisory.
- Goodreads Goodreads provides recommendations and chances for your to share yur favoirte reads
- Horn Book Horn Book features commentary, articles, book reviews of selected new titles, and other information related to children's and young adult literature.
- Publishers Weekly Publishers Weekly is a magazine and website of book publishing and bookselling including business news, reviews, bestseller lists.
- School Library Journal The School Library Journal features articles and reviews for school librarians